1984 Cosmo Colt HELP

Ken /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello, I have just recieved a 1984 Cosmo Colt from a Friend. It Runs, i took it for a long ride just the other day (down to Newark, almost got killed for it, people jumped me but gave it back when they found out it was registered, thats a diffrent story) Well I have a few minor, well at least i hope, problems.

Problem 1: The back brakes are crap! When i engage them by squeezing the lever, the little lever the brake cable is conected to on my rear wheel brake stays stuck in that posiotion, so i cant move it out. Is there a way to fix that problem without having to mess with the internal parts ? Also the brakes suck to, they hardly stop. Let me know if i can Repair my brakes to atleast skid, incase of an emergency.

Problem 2: Bad Acceleration, i dont know to much about mopeds, i just got it a few weeks ago, but when i accelerate i go full throttle and it hardly moves, in speed, i dont know what is the cause of that. maybe someone here can help me.

But the top speed is a nice 35 MPH on a level surface, im not complaining about that...

Please see what any of you experts can do to help me, thanks

Ken

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  1984 Cosmo Colt HELPTopic by: Ken Ken 06/14/01 02:52PM
  Re: 1984 Cosmo Colt HELPRe: miguel miguel 06/14/01 05:30PM
  Re: 1984 Cosmo Colt HELPRe: don-ohio don-ohio 06/15/01 02:22AM
  Re: 1984 Cosmo Colt HELPRe: derek derek 06/17/01 03:14AM
  Re: 1984 Cosmo Colt HELPRe: don-ohio don-ohio 07/28/01 05:13PM
  Re: 1984 Cosmo Colt HELPRe: Dave Jenkins Dave Jenkins 03/03/05 09:45PM
  Re: 1984 Cosmo Colt HELPRe: Paul P Paul P 03/03/05 09:50PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account