Re: sucky brakes continued

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi,Mike! Just was thinking about your problem and since you're absolutely positive there's no foreign substance getting onto the drum or shoes,I'll tell you what I'd doublecheck.First,are they 100% factory replacement shoes and not some knock-off brand.Then,are they absolutely the right set of shoes?Please don't get insulted by me here because I'm just as confused about this as you.If there's no problems that all these guys have brought up,it's got to be something really weird.NOW THIS MAY SEEM EXTREME,but I've seen brake drums on cars get glazed so smooth that they had to be turned or roughened.Since you can't get it turned,I guess,then I'd remove the wheel bearings and seals and LIGHTLY `beadblast it' .Any motor building shop has a bead blaster and would no doubt hit it real lightly for you.The only other thing I've seen cause bad brakes is if the shoes slide sideways in the drum(inner to outer usually) because of slanted drum wear.I hope you find a solution to it.BYE!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  sucky brakes continuedTopic by: mike mike 06/13/01 10:51PM
  Re: sucky brakes continuedRe: Ken Ken 06/13/01 11:09PM
  Re: sucky brakes continuedRe: Reeperette Reeperette 06/14/01 07:33AM
  Re: sucky brakes continuedRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 06/14/01 04:03PM
  The reason why they are sucky brakes is because thRe: BHP BHP 06/14/01 11:58PM
  Re: sucky brakes continuedRe: don-ohio don-ohio 06/15/01 02:09AM
  Re: sucky brakes continuedRe: Doug D. Doug D. 06/15/01 01:52PM
  Re: sucky brakes continuedRe: derek derek 06/17/01 03:17AM
  Re: sucky brakes continuedRe: mike mike 06/17/01 10:27PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account