Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problem

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi,Tim! You can fashion an air filter into your air box,but it has to be really thin material `cause most peds get restricted too much with regular foam.You have to use a foam that will resist gas without deteriorating.The material on room air conditioners is perfect,but i'm not sure how resistant it is to gas.I would only worry about a pre filter if I had some dirt or gravel roads or constuction zones to travel,though.If you do this you need a backing grid to clip the material into(1/4" X 1/4" wire mesh is perfect).There are filters you might adapt,but the main thing is not to turn them where water and debris are thrown toward the intake holes,and watch out for causing too much restriction,cause it robs your power and mileage and clogs your plug and muffler.I saw where one guy put a `K&N'racing filter on his ped,but I have no idea how to do it other than to `MacGiver' it.BYE!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Cimatti City Bike gas problemTopic by: Tim Tim 06/13/01 02:46PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 06/13/01 05:02PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Tim Tim 06/13/01 06:16PM
  clean and set the points?.. spark plug?Re: Fred Fred 06/13/01 11:39PM
  Re: clean and set the points?.. spark plug?Re: daveb daveb 06/14/01 08:29PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Kyle Kyle 06/15/01 03:20PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Tim Tim 06/26/01 11:07PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Duane Duane 06/26/01 10:26PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Tim Tim 06/26/01 11:02PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: don-ohio don-ohio 06/27/01 01:32AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account