Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problem

Tim /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Problem solved, sort of. The mixture was too rich. This leads me to another question, though. Until now, I have been using some packing sponge inside the air box as an air filter. This is in addition to the metal screen thing that goes between the air box and the carburator. But these days, the moped will only run with that sponge taken out. Furthermore, I ordered a new air box, and it didn't have any filter in it (and there was no option of ordering such a filter). Now I'm wondering if this filter is actually supposed to be there at all, or if my dad just stuck it in when he was fixing the thing up. The moped is running great without the filter, but I'm worried about too much dust getting into the engine and messing things up.

So, if there is supposed to be a filter there, why isn't that sponge working (it breathes air ok)? If the carb is mixing too much gas in, and this is being corrected by having no air filter, then how can I decrease the amount of gas in the mixture?

To answer Duane: On level ground, my bike will go 30, no problem. It also says "Max speed 30mph" on the tire.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Cimatti City Bike gas problemTopic by: Tim Tim 06/13/01 02:46PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 06/13/01 05:02PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Tim Tim 06/13/01 06:16PM
  clean and set the points?.. spark plug?Re: Fred Fred 06/13/01 11:39PM
  Re: clean and set the points?.. spark plug?Re: daveb daveb 06/14/01 08:29PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Kyle Kyle 06/15/01 03:20PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Tim Tim 06/26/01 11:07PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Duane Duane 06/26/01 10:26PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Tim Tim 06/26/01 11:02PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: don-ohio don-ohio 06/27/01 01:32AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account