Cimatti City Bike gas problem

Tim /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have a Cimatti City Bike, which has a Morini engine (I don't know they year; how can I find out?). My folks got it at a garage sale a long time ago, and used it a little bit. Then it sat in the basement for about ten years. Finally, I decided that I wanted to fix it up. So I cleaned out the carburator and the gas tank, which had been covered in oil gunk from the gas, and got it working. I used it on and off for about a year, then went off to my first year at college. I got back this summer, and started using it again. Or I tried, anyway.

I took it on a trip of about 5 miles, and then parked it for the night. The next day, it won't start. I've been trying to get it working again for a while now. After an hour or so of non-use, it will start up easy and run for about 20 seconds, then die. After that it won't start again, except for one day when I was pedaling it up and down the road trying to get it to start, and it would start every once in a while, run well for a few seconds and then die. Sometimes it would feel like it wasn't getting enough gas. Sometimes it would feel like was getting too much gas.

I've cleaned out the carburator a couple of times. I've mixed all new gas, and drained all of the old gas out of the system. I've checked for a spark. I've checked the gas flow from the tank. I've looked at the float, and there's nothing obviously wrong with it.

From what I know of the moped, it seems like the float is the thing that would cause a problem like this, but I don't know enough to be sure that its the problem.

Any tips that people could give me would be welcome.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Cimatti City Bike gas problemTopic by: Tim Tim 06/13/01 02:46PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 06/13/01 05:02PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Tim Tim 06/13/01 06:16PM
  clean and set the points?.. spark plug?Re: Fred Fred 06/13/01 11:39PM
  Re: clean and set the points?.. spark plug?Re: daveb daveb 06/14/01 08:29PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Kyle Kyle 06/15/01 03:20PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Tim Tim 06/26/01 11:07PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Duane Duane 06/26/01 10:26PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: Tim Tim 06/26/01 11:02PM
  Re: Cimatti City Bike gas problemRe: don-ohio don-ohio 06/27/01 01:32AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account