I need a part.

Bill Featherstone /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have a Derbi SLE Variant, vintage 3/1983, that I just got out of storage after several years of non-use. In fact, it has hardly been used, with only about 300 original miles registering on the odometer. I bought it brand-new. A friend of mine took the carburetor apart to clean it, and when he put it back together, it leaked fuel through the screw-down cap on top of the carburetor when running. Obviously, that has to be fixed. I think the cap on the carburetor needs to be replaced. Sorry for the lack of proper phraseology in regard to the part, but I'm definitely no mechanic. Anyway, does anyone know where I can get a part for my moped? All I need is this one little part to the carburetor, and I'm off and running again. The moped is in beautiful shape, and begging to be ridden. Thanks, Bill P.S. How do I establish a value on my moped? Is there a credible service that establishes values on older mopeds?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  I need a part.Topic by: Bill Featherstone Bill Featherstone 06/13/01 12:35AM
  Re: I need a part.Re: Reeperette Reeperette 06/13/01 01:14AM
  Re: I need a part.Re: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 06/13/01 11:26AM
  Re: I need a part.Re: daveb daveb 06/14/01 08:34PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account