moped dies when given throttle

"Tried my moped this evening and when I give it throttle it dies. It idles fine, but sometimes dies when it's just idling. Also, if I hold the choke it will stay running but it coughs when ridden (as can be expected). But any throttle makes the engine die. I have a strong spark and fuel is getting to the carb. Any suggestions?"

Re: moped dies when given throttle

": Tried my moped this evening and when I give it throttle it dies. It idles fine, but sometimes dies when it's just idling. Also, if I hold the choke it will stay running but it coughs when ridden (as can be expected). But any throttle makes the engine die. I have a strong spark and fuel is getting to the carb. Any suggestions?<p>also, just to let you know it was running fine yesterday which is even weirder! Thanks for reading this."

my ped has been stalling like that lately. i think it's something to do with the gas/oil mix. but once she's been running for a while the stalls cease. but the initial ride is a little annoying.

: my ped has been stalling like that lately. i think it's something to do with the gas/oil mix. but once she's been running for a while the stalls cease. but the initial ride is a little annoying.<p>Now it's worse than that; it won't start at all. It still has a strong spark and a little starting fluid makes the engine start fine. I took the carb apart and cleaned it but nothing! HELP!

": : my ped has been stalling like that lately. i think it's something to do with the gas/oil mix. but once she's been running for a while the stalls cease. but the initial ride is a little annoying.<p>: Now it's worse than that; it won't start at all. It still has a strong spark and a little starting fluid makes the engine start fine. I took the carb apart and cleaned it but nothing! HELP!<p><br>Did you clean the carb jet, or did you just take it off and spray the inside with cleaner? Sometimes you have to take the jet completely out and put a small guitar string through there to free the jet. Try scootertherapy.com. <br>"

Hey my ped was doing the same thing come to find out the gas tank was rusty<br>and I had to put some acid in it and I flushed it all out ever since then<br>she's been running better than new.<br>

"Hey, I had the same problem too. Try to run it with the air filter off. If it runs fine then clean and replace the filter. I hope that helps. "

RE: moped dies when given throttle

<HTML>All you need to do is clean your carberator!!!! It isn't very hard if you haven't done it before

Dan wrote:

-------------------------------

"Tried my moped this evening and when I give it throttle it dies. It idles fine, but sometimes dies when it's just idling. Also, if I hold the choke it will stay running but it coughs when ridden (as can be expected). But any throttle makes the engine die. I have a strong spark and fuel is getting to the carb. Any suggestions?"</HTML>

RE: moped dies when given throttle

<HTML>It is caused by an air leak from poorly connected parts or worn engine crankcase seals.

Moped parts - service manuals - service tips available from http://sportsbay.com.Puch-Motobecane-Sachs-Garelli-Honda and more </HTML>

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account