not much help

Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have not done a lot of work on outboards... but I have seen that large amount of advance rotation for the ignition... I don't know why they need so much.

But as far as checking it.... I would think you would use a strobe ignition timing light and look for marks on the flywheel and see if they line up while idling... there might be another mark for full advance also.

If you are trying to set it before it is ready to run... just set it near where it was (or in the middle?)... because with such a wide variation it should run almost anywhere you put it... then strobe check it and adjust it to suit.

I also have a neighbor who's home operated business is outboard repair.. and any questions can easily be answered by him if need be... he does cylinder boring and honing and boat motor warranty work for dealers also

This is the guy who has all the tools for bore and hone's on small bore ped engines.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Fred, HELPTopic by: Ron Brown Ron Brown 06/12/01 10:16AM
  not much helpRe: Fred Fred 06/12/01 02:37PM
  Re: not much helpRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 06/12/01 02:51PM
  some guessingRe: Fred Fred 06/12/01 03:39PM
  Re: some guessingRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 06/12/01 03:54PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account