Re: Avanti Auto Hesitation

Ron Brown /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Brian,

Somehow, I knew I would not offend you, I was just trying to show trex that he should not take things too literally.

On your bearing project, motorcycles avoid this problem by using a smaller diameter tube than the inside of the hub. You can slide it to one side to get a drift onto the far bearing.

I'm sure you have considered this, but you have to make sure that the spacer does not allow the bearings to be pre-loaded toward each other. The easy way around this is to let one of the bearings "float" in the hub.

Another piece of useless info. In England, al fasteners on bicycles and a lot of motorcycle fasteners used a standard "bicycle" thread. This is 26 tpi, regardless of the diameter. Could this be your axle thread? I have only seen this on the free wheel on peds.

Ron

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Avanti Auto HesitationTopic by: trex trex 06/11/01 06:26PM
  Re: Avanti Auto HesitationRe: jess_monster jess_monster 06/11/01 07:07PM
  Re: Avanti Auto HesitationRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 06/11/01 08:59PM
  Re: Avanti Auto HesitationRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 06/11/01 08:57PM
  Re: Avanti Auto HesitationRe: trex trex 06/11/01 09:26PM
  Re: Avanti Auto HesitationRe: Miniengine Miniengine 06/12/01 01:44AM
  Re: Avanti Auto HesitationRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 06/12/01 09:59AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account