how to fix rear brakes? and other puch issues

miguel /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

ok, i've been rebuilding a 1976 puch maxi for my sister. today, it started up. but there are some important issues that need attention.

mainly, the rear brake doesn't work. it's not an adjustment thing on the cable, since it seems to do all it should when the lever is squeezed. so ... i'm assuming it's something internal. the wheel spins freely even when the brake is pulled tight and the lever at the wheel moves as far as it can. how do i fix the internal parts of a brake? or is this a "replace the whole wheel" kind of thing?

also, i need to figure out a kill-switch. the bike is wired to run, but there are still tons of wires hanging around. any idea which one would kill the engine? i took a mean spill on it while test riding it since it eventually hit a good top speed and the brakes didn't engage.

finally, i need to know a simple, yet detailed way to put the throttle together. i put it in, and it works. but in reverse. this is because the throttle cable i have came attached to the carb. so i may have put the cable in backwards. it's also very very stiff. any ideas?

i'll check back later and add more specifics as needed. the rear brake is the critical thing at this moment (front brake now works). thanks.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account