Moped alarm, simple and effective!

My friend recently baught me a Kensington laptop computer alarm for my moped. It is really interesting and works great on the moped. The way it works is it has a padlock thing as well as a keypad. You may arm it by pressing 1 and 3 simultainiously, once armed any slight movement to the unit (or in my case the moped/unit) will trigger the alarm and make it sound (very loud too). you can disarm the alarm by entering your code into the keypad. It also has a flashing red LED when armed, which would help deter possible theives from taking a chance at the moped. (http://www.macyummies.com/kensonnotal.html - you can look there for a small picture of the unit). I place it behind my dash on my targa lx. Where at night the red led is very visable. A simple but effective idea by me- Wisky.

_wisky

Re: Moped alarm, simple and effective!

XBrandon EdgeX /

That's a good idea! Does it have it's own power supply?

Reeperette /

Nice...I will add this to the list.

-Ree

Its power supply is 3 AAA batteries, or if you have a charger and nicad batteries, you can use those. but 3 dry cells work fine for me. If i wanted i could probably find a way to tightly mount it, but for now whenever i need it I just mount (velcro) it to the dash of my moped. For times like when I am out at 1:30 at night (AM) parked in a bad neighborhood playing pool with friends. It is loud enough to be heard from inside a building.

Hi,Wisky! I have a similar outfit made by Quorum(CYCLOCK).The only thing I would ask you is : Is this a weatherproof alarm like the Quorum,because we all know what heat,humidity,rain,splash,cold,etc. can do to something that's not made to handle it.BYE!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account