What should I do?

My wife wont let me ride my 1977 Honda Express anymore because she said it's drawing too much attention, including that of beautiful women. Any suggestions? Should I let her ride it? Please advise. Thanks.

Re: What should I do?

jess_monster /

I'd give it to me.

Email me for shipping address.

ger her a moped so she can ride w/ you. i'm sure she'll let you ride then! ;-)

You're possibly right Jess Monster, I probably should. Thanks and I'll take your suggestion under advisement. But first, are there any other ideas out there. She's not home right now, and if the bugs weren't so bad I'd go for a ride.

Thanks Miguel, great idea! Do you know of any mopeds out there that are consistently slower than the 27 mph that mine does?

hey, any moped will go as slow as you give it throttle ... but some mopeds were restricted. if you wanted to ... you could restrict a moped to slow it down some, sure. or derestrict yours, and get two fast mopeds.

Simon King /

try out the honda pa 50. it usually runs a clean and quiet 25.

Miguel, or anyone else who may know...

How can I unrestrict my Honda Express? I have been told that the restriction is at the muffler. It gets up to 27, seems like it could go faster, then backs off. I'd like to keep it all original, but if an aftermarket muffler would make much difference, I'd install one. Thanks.

Jamie Leonard /

I'm surprised no one here has replied with the suggestion of saying "You won't let me ride my moped? I'll sure miss you dear!" ;)

Thank you Jamie! That was the response I was looking for. But now I have a new problem. Does anyone know how I can carry the Moped on my motorhome. Front or back, doesn't matter. I'll be towing a boat so if it's on the back, it'll have to coexist with the boat trailer. :-)

Re: Moped Carrier

Look around at yard sales for one of those old bumper mount motorcycle carriers. They were essentially two "pockets" that clamped to the bumper to hold the wheels. A friend of mine has one he puts on his old VW Rabbit to transport his moped. The Rabbit still has real steel bumpers.

Sad story for you, Greg: A few weeks ago a fellow was having a yard sale and had a set of them in the FREE pile. I didn't pick them up as they would only work on ny truck. What's the use of that if it has a bed?

Jim

Re: I forgot also..

Be sure to check the Expressly Mopeds site. It's dedicated to the Honda Express and has a forum full of good info.

MAybe even another Express for the wife!

Jim

XBrandon EdgeX /

Put it in the boat! :)

Re: Moped Carrier

Thanks Jim, and although I really am looking for a way to cart the bike on the motorhome, the wife isn't really isn't giving scooter and I the boot, so there's no hurry. I'd like to find something that will attach to the receiver hitch, and still allow me to attach the boat trailer. Our stores here in rural AZ don't offer anything of the sort, maybe at Phoenix.

Thanks Brandon, nice thought. :-)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account