Jawa spark plug # and gap

i got this 80 Jawa model i don't know ,but not a top tank. wondering what the right plug number is,and the gap.the plug i have in isBp4hs NGk . i have trouble with it getting wet, imight want a hotter plug.the carb screw is almost closed. Thanks Dan

Pic

Image02.jpg

Re: Jawa spark plug # and gap

Reeperette /

That's a 1980 Jawa "Robot" and the proper NGK plug for it is a B7HS

They have that in a Platinum too, B7HVX - and both are gapped at .024

Enjoy.

-Ree

Quick Note on that.

Reeperette /

That is "supposedly" the right plug for it...but the damn book I am referencing it out of says the damn thing is 90cc's...which we both know it ain't.

So use caution here.

-Ree

Re: Quick Note on that.

Thanks Ree. all i'm doing is peddling, i got spark, but it won't fire. the plug is wet.i can't get it to hit once even with starter fluid. the damn carb is a pain in the ass to take off.I'm a Puch person myself,'but' then i just got another Jawa complete 4 $25.and a Honda Urban Ex 4 $25 complete. Motobecane7 4 parts. Dan

Re: Quick Note on that.

Reeperette /

Clean it out, cut the fuel, and try an ether-based staring fluid, if you can....also...check the jet - it's prolly way too friggin big.

-Ree

Ho Ree , thats the smallest jet i've seen in a ped. #35 even a cable wire wouldn't go though the hole.I have to find some Bosch plugs these ngk are losing spark all the time. I'm usually working on Puch, have 7 of them. 1motobe 7selling for parts 1Garelli 1 Motomarina Sebring 1Peugeot103 1Jawa. Thanz Dan

I picked up a 1976 Jawa Babetta. I finally got a weak spark. What plug and gap do you think this takes. ?Also I am lookin for the side covers(chain guards?) for this bike. Are you parting out your Jawa? What year is it?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account