Jawa spark plug # and gap

i got this 80 Jawa model i don't know ,but not a top tank. wondering what the right plug number is,and the gap.the plug i have in isBp4hs NGk . i have trouble with it getting wet, imight want a hotter plug.the carb screw is almost closed. Thanks Dan

Pic

Image02.jpg

Re: Jawa spark plug # and gap

Reeperette /

That's a 1980 Jawa "Robot" and the proper NGK plug for it is a B7HS

They have that in a Platinum too, B7HVX - and both are gapped at .024

Enjoy.

-Ree

Quick Note on that.

Reeperette /

That is "supposedly" the right plug for it...but the damn book I am referencing it out of says the damn thing is 90cc's...which we both know it ain't.

So use caution here.

-Ree

Re: Quick Note on that.

Thanks Ree. all i'm doing is peddling, i got spark, but it won't fire. the plug is wet.i can't get it to hit once even with starter fluid. the damn carb is a pain in the ass to take off.I'm a Puch person myself,'but' then i just got another Jawa complete 4 $25.and a Honda Urban Ex 4 $25 complete. Motobecane7 4 parts. Dan

Re: Quick Note on that.

Reeperette /

Clean it out, cut the fuel, and try an ether-based staring fluid, if you can....also...check the jet - it's prolly way too friggin big.

-Ree

Ho Ree , thats the smallest jet i've seen in a ped. #35 even a cable wire wouldn't go though the hole.I have to find some Bosch plugs these ngk are losing spark all the time. I'm usually working on Puch, have 7 of them. 1motobe 7selling for parts 1Garelli 1 Motomarina Sebring 1Peugeot103 1Jawa. Thanz Dan

I picked up a 1976 Jawa Babetta. I finally got a weak spark. What plug and gap do you think this takes. ?Also I am lookin for the side covers(chain guards?) for this bike. Are you parting out your Jawa? What year is it?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account