Tomos Golden Bullet Not Starting

Hello everyone. I have a 1993 Golden Bullet that i'm trying to fix. A brand new carb, spark plug and the cdi ignition works fine. I cleaned everything, and when i kick it, the light turns on and it sounds like it wants to start...however it doesn't. I've fixing several mopeds, but i can't figure out whats wrong. I replaced a piston ring and put a new 12v regulator. I'm thinking that it may be a loose wire, that prevents the cdi ignition from recieing the electrical current from the magneto. Could the light still turn on while this is occuring? ALso, does this sound like a point or condensor problem? What exactly do they do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

Re: Tomos Golden Bullet Not Starting

check your choke, tomos has one fucked-up choke. if they get jammed they don't turn over, and make sure your lights and shit are off. It starts better. Thats just a guess from me, probably worth nothing but there it is.

Hi! Use Fred's guide which is posted on this forum.It's great! BYE!

Reeperette /

I seem to be having the exact same problem with my Targa.

When I figure it out, I will let you know...

I do suggest applying a digital voltage meter and doing some continuity testing.

Also, the simple stuff...check the rear brake light....if it's burned out, some peds will not start.

-Ree

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account