Anyone know how I remove the flywheel so I can replace a broken coil? And does anyone know where I can get a new coil? I have a 77 Batavus VA.

Re: Magneto

you need a special tool called a flywheel puller. call handybikes. they should have one. or check as well. replacing a broken coil might be tough ... and if the price isn't much different than a whole new stater plate ... might as well go the whole distance.

Re: Magneto

Michael L. /

with alot of mopeds you can use a pitman arm puller or a harmonic balancer puller also (you might be able to find these at a local auto store).

Re: Magneto

Chris Robertson /

If you use the harmonic balance puller it might be necessary to drill and tap holes in your flywheel.

Be really careful about what is behind your drill bit!


Re: Magneto

the right tool for the right job. use a flywheel puller for your bike. it has to be the right kind. the tool is pretty cheap and only really requires that you also have a rachet set.

Re: Magneto

I'm against drilling and tapping a flywheel since it can damage the dynamic balance of it. It can also weaken it, and you don't want a piece that can spin at 5000RPM blowing up next to your leg.

Miguel, I concur: The right tool for thr right job!


Re: Magneto

Melissa! Make sure you cover your hands and nails if you're a woman.I'm not being demeaning here,I'm just warning you that flywheel work has a way of bustin' knuckles and cuttin' you up!BYE!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account