Rewiring a moped

O.k.

I've got the battery addition all figured out. Haven't done it yet, but I know what I'm going to do. My question now is how to wire my Batavus so that the lowbeam comes on automatically when I start the engine but still leaves me the ability to switch from low to high beams. I know I can rewire or even replace the three position switch but I don't want to interfere with the horn and kill switch. My basic thought is to just go and replace them all and set it up just how I want. This will of course bugger up my plan for the battery as it is now, but that can be dealt with later.

Richard

Re: Rewiring a moped

Ron Brown /

Richard,

Read your own post and ask yourself how anyone is supposed to respond to it. You don't describe the existing circuit, your modifications, or why the hi-lo beam switch knows when you are on battery power or not.

Is someone supposed to respond to this or are you just talking it out so you can figure it out for yourself?

Ron

Ron,

Didn't mean to piss you off...I was just checking to see if anyone had ever done this. I was looking for some general info on how to procede. I guess I could have put in a tad more detail though. Thanks for not ripping me a new one. I do want to sit on my moped.

Richard

Ron Brown /

Richard,

No problem, you really sounded as if you were trying to talk yourself through it.

Ron

Miniengine /

Richard,

If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough.

hhhmmmm.......what would be wrong with wiring it up the way I described. The headlight is switched between magneto and battery power. If you have the switch set on magneto and your original high/low beam switch set on low beam it will light every time you start the engine.

If your talking about one of those Cadillac sentinel auto lights on a dusk type of thingies, now that will cost you extra. Just kidding. Aren't Saturday nights fun.

Brian

Lamborn's Miniature Engines

http://www.goecities.com/miniengine

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account