3-Wheeled Spree

I was going down the road when I seen somones garage open & there was a red scooter, knowing that Postville, Iowa is a small place, & does not have many Mopeds/scooters, I went to get a closer look, & there it was a 3 wheeled Honda scooter, I am sure it was a spree it had 2 wheels in the back, 1 in the front of course. It was NOT custom made by the way, anybody ever heard of it? is it made for older or bigger people that dont have the ability to balance as well as some people? (No offense you know)

Re: 3-Wheeled Spree

That would be a Honda Gyro. It's a very interesting little scooter, with 2 rear wheels and a pivoting frame so it can lean into corners but will stand up by itself without a kick stand. It also has a pivot lock so it will stand up on unlevel ground.

I have one of those. It's a Honda Stream, from about 1983. Apparantly they did not make many as they didn't sell too well. As it hinges in front of the rear wheels/engine it isn't very diiferent to ride from any other scooter, no it wasn't made for old, fat or clumsy people :).

Though I love it dearly I've got to sell it now :(, does anyone have any idea what it's worth?

It's runs fine and is in generally in good nick and all but has a few scratches and stuff. Anyway, if anyone lives near Cambridge, England and wants to get themselves one of these they can email me.

Rich

XBrandon EdgeX /

Yeah, it's a Gyro. I saw one in Rock Valley, IA once and someone in the forum from Iowa posted about his Honda Gyro. You suppose it's the same person or could it be that Gyros are just popular in Iowa.

Cool, are they faster than most scooters? Good or bad accleleration?

Umm...It does about 38 mph after good clean out, slowing to about 33 after a couple of weeks. It takes about 20-odd seconds to get up to that. I don't know if that is fast or slow for 49cc machine.

my frieng has a gyro and if he hits the gas in his garage it starts to peel out

38 for a 49cc is dam good

only bad part is u feel like u will fall over when your turning

your said, "only bad part is u feel like u will fall over when your turning" Is it the suspention? Or do u go on just 2 wheels? Does any body have a pic. of the suspention?

GrosPingouin /

Heath wrote:

>

> your said, "only bad part is u feel like u will fall over

> when your turning" Is it the suspention? Or do u go on just 2

> wheels? Does any body have a pic. of the suspention?

What happens is that two of the wheels are probably on the back and one are on the front. That makes it easy to fall over. The trick is to have two wheels on the front and only one on the rear. Now, because of the way scooters are built, with engine and suspension and rear wheel neatly in one package held by very few bolts to the engine, it makes sense to put that entire assembly on the back, so the other two wheels are in the front and do the steering. And, you end up with a stable beast =)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account