Lightest moped?

As far as weight goes, what are some lighter models?

Re: Lightest moped?

the motobecane 7 is really damn light. as is the solex, and the Amf roadmaster, the one with a mcullough engine.

Hi! Just remember that lightness can mean weakness of frame and stress points which you'll certainly become familiar with if you have a spill.Ask Reeperette.I bet he doesn't have anything without some armor plating and reinforcing! So maybe you don't want a `mamby-pamby' little bike,Dylan. Who knows,you might have to run over a moped thief some day.BYE!

Reeperette /

>>Ask Reeperette.I bet he doesn't have anything without some armor plating and reinforcing!<<

True.

-Ree.

...straight from the grave...

Garodney Gentzel Motor City Riots /

Ciao is pretty light too.....

1272164773_frame_brace.jpg

My stripped Swinger for anything with a Puch motor perhaps. Skip the paint and just go clear is what I say... yummmmy!

1272165296_downsized_0422001300.jpg

motobecane cady. theyre like 55lbs, rediculous!

yeah probably a motobecane caddy or 7.. solex are probably pretty light weight, too.

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

AMF Roadmaster. Mine weighs 68 lbs!

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

The Velosolex 5000 is probably one of the lightest.

peugeot 103=105lbs. solo odyssey=110lbs. qt50=100lbs. This is all with varying amounts of fuel though. My friends and I had this same discussion today so we weighed them.

that bike hauls balls

Express NC 50

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

of all the mopeds i've had my hands on, the Moby 7 is the lightest. somewhere around 80lbs

that raw pinto is going to look so sweet when finished!

Solex, 68 lbs.

nope nope nope...pretty positive the Moby X is lightest

Just weighed the Doniselli 54 lbs

I think we found the lightest..but it is also one of the smallest. It is sturdy as hell, but tiny 9" wheels means sketchy handling

1272208835_doniselli_2_001.jpg

A lot of moped frames weigh just 13lbs. Wheels and engines are the culprits. Aluminum cylinders help big. The more you keep the weight at the same level as the axles the more quick the handling. Maxis are more flingable than magnums

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account