Re: Motobecane Mobylette Brake Pads?

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi,Ray! Take your brakes apart and give them a good lookin' over.If there's any grease or glazing,but still plenty of lining left,Then clean those puppies with BRAKEKLEEN or GUMOUT Carb.spray and a brass bristle brush.Clean the drum too,and then reassemble them dry.I have a Motobecane manual at home but I won't be back on the forum for a while as I'm off work for 7 days unless they call me for overtime or I go to the library.What I'm getting at is you have to know how to readjust your levers and springs sometimes and a shop manual will help you to do it right.You don't want any brake drag with a little 50cc motor.Sometimes if it's not stopping you have what I call `spongy cables' that aren't fixed too solidly,kinda` stretchy,you know.If you have doubts,call HANDY BIKES (614-299-0550).They work on a lot of MOTOBECANES.Always ask for B.J.(Bob Jones) BYE!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Motobecane Mobylette Brake Pads?Topic by: Ray Sanders Ray Sanders 06/07/01 03:04PM
  Re: Motobecane Mobylette Brake Pads?Re: don-ohio don-ohio 06/07/01 06:23PM
  Re: Motobecane Mobylette Brake Pads?Re: Doug Forbes Doug Forbes 05/16/12 09:57AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account