Re: watch the tranny oil

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi,Ken! I've not seen any non-detergent synthetic,but if anyone makes it,I'd say it would be AMSOIL brand,because they are big farm suppliers.So if you must have synthetic that's non-detergent,ask them.All the big companies have what is called`TECH SERVICE' people who are their chemical or products experts.Make sure you ask for their TECH SERVICE expert.I run regular synthetic EXXON 5W-50 which is the consistency of 30-35 WT. oil and I never have problems with the Morini or Minnarelli engines.The 50 wt. side scares some mechanics away because they think of the old THICK 50wt. conventional oils.Those were lacking flowability.BUT the new synthetics have that rating because of their superior resistance to thinning out at high engine or tranny temps.I use 5w-50 synthetic winter and summer in 3 cars,2 mopeds ,and a backhoe,along with my mowers.That way I know that I'm giving my gearboxes and engines the best wear protection.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  watch the tranny oilTopic by: Ken Ken 06/07/01 01:01AM
  Re: watch the tranny oilRe: Miguel Miguel 06/07/01 04:32AM
  Re: watch the tranny oilRe: Brian Allen Brian Allen 06/07/01 08:34AM
  Re: watch the tranny oilRe: XBrandon EdgeX XBrandon EdgeX 06/07/01 11:24AM
  Re: watch the tranny oilRe: Brian Brian 06/07/01 09:39PM
  Re: watch the tranny oilRe: XBrandon EdgeX XBrandon EdgeX 06/08/01 07:13PM
  Re: watch the tranny oilRe: Ken Ken 06/07/01 12:15PM
  Re: watch the tranny oilRe: Ataristyle Ataristyle 06/07/01 01:56PM
  Re: watch the tranny oilRe: don-ohio don-ohio 06/07/01 02:06PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account