Morini/Minarelli transmission oil...

Hey, I have a Negrini moped/dirtbike, 50cc. I was told that the engine is either morini or minarelli. Does anyone know what type transmission oil it needs? I believe its 2 speed and its automatic. Thanx

Re: Morini/Minarelli transmission oil...

Hi! I have both and I use 5w-50 full synthetic(Exxon),but I think they recommend a 20W-20 or 30W depending on the temperatures you normally encounter and the stress you put on the tranny.I just use synthetic because I can't see any difference in clutch performance and I know at the same time I'm cutting gear clash and wear to a minimum.Never add a wear reducer that will slick it up like STP,though.BYE!

Re: Morini/Minarelli transmission oil...

I have a Minarelli 70cc 4-speed, and the manual says use SAE 30 in the crankcase and SAE 40 in the front shocks. If you want to use it in cold weather, though, I suppose you'd use something else...I don;t know nuch about oil.

Er...transmission I mean...

Transmission, not crankcase.

Re: Er...transmission I mean...

both minarelli and morini use straight non-detergent sae 20 in the clutch. opposite the flywheel, there is a place to put oil. it might even read "olio" on the cap. put it in there until it comes out the drain whole. on the minarelli, it's the screw about in the middle (the bottom is for drain). the morini only has one whole for intake and level.

you might be able to get away w/ something else. but the manuals call for straight sae 20 non-detergent. use that.

Re: Er...transmission I mean...

look at the engine carefully. it will have minarelli or morini (franco morini motori) stamped on it somwhere. or look for the minarelli logo. it's the top half of a star. also, the minarelli has a fan cover on the left side of the engine and uses a "regular" moped spark plug (bosch w3ac or equivalent). the morini uses a longer reach plug and comes in at a slight angle into the cylinder, not parallel to the piston. w/ that, you should know what kind of engine you have. if not, post a pic and someone can let you know.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account