searching for a bit more speed ...

Miguel /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

since a puch won the bbq4 race ... i'm looking for a bit more speed out of my minarelli. i won't make the changes now, but i'm looking for tips on how to do this.

here's what i have so far:

- polini performance exhaust

- dellorto 15.15 carburetor w/ #53 jet

- standard bore piston and cylinder

- 10 tooth sprocket

i think an 11 tooth (or more) would defintely give me more speed, right? i currently go a bit under 35mph. so another 5mph should put me over the top. i don't want a speed kit (in fact, they're banned from our moped army races, we have to have 50cc or less).

do you think changing to a smaller or bigger jet would make a difference? i haven't had a chance to test different jets out yet, but if anyone has a suggestion, let me know.

if any of you can think of anything else to do ... please let me know. maybe a larger manifold? i don't want to sacrifice too much bottom end, however. i'm open to all suggestions. thanks.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account