Pocket bikes...

Kind off of the subject, but who has all heard of them? Its cool how they can get a 39cc engine to hit road speeds.

Re: Pocket bikes...

Heard of them... and seen them.. I was at a meet here a month ago and they tried to put one up on the dyno.. but the wheelbase was so short it wouldn't fit.

Too much money for such a tiny toy (for me)... at least a YSR50 is street legal.

Anyone have a link for one of these? Id like to check it out.

--Nick

here is the URL to a picture page... on a a site for them.

http://www.microbike.com/Racing/racing_pictures.htm

They are tiny little replicas of GP race bikes.

Yeah the ysrs are cool too, but are the considered motorcycles even though there 50cc? I bet I could get the local cops here in Postville to let it pass as a scooter/moped.

Their so little, I dont see how people can say "they are comfortable for a full grown man to drive."

Hi,Heath! I've seen them and I don't like them. Looks like to me if you want to lose a kneecap or have a death wish that this is the machine of choice.BYE!

SteelToad /

I'm thinking, if you took the drive system off a couple of these and made the right

frame, you could have an incredible 3 wheel'd ped w/ dual drive

(insert Tim Allen grunt here)

That would be cool! But yeah, don is right too, they would be too safe. Steel toads idea kick ass!!!!!

Wayne Broderick /

In regards to the "...is it a moped..." question, Most states have wording that mentions both engine size and HP. Not really different from a modded moped, but it looks a little tougher-- A bright cop (oxymoron) would be able to figure it out.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account