How to make it go faster

I have a 1983 General 5-Star Moped. I want it to hit like 45, but yet not get rid of any of the original stuff on it. Is there any way i can do that?

Re: How to make it go faster

SteelToad /

Are there any really steep hills in your area ? :-)

Hi! If it's running a strong 35mph you may only need a sprocket change at the engine.This usually will not require a chain link addition or a new chain.But if it's hilly,I'd advise against it until you power up with a speed kit or muffler and jet modification.Somebody else will weigh in on this I'm sure.BYE!

You want it to go faster ...but not change it ??

If you ride it off a cliff it will go between 120 and 200MPH... for sure, for sure.

Don, it only runs like 30, but I hit forty test driving it and now it won't hit it. So do you think a sproket change will still work?

Well, it sounds like you're suffering a power robbing condition of some kind.It would have to be reaching thirty quickly and be pretty well wound out before a sprocket change will help.Mopeds are only 50cc you know,so even just a brake shoe dragging or brake cable sticking will kill your performance.If you don't have power ,go back thru Fred's guide on `How to fix your moped ' again because you must have overlooked something.BYE!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account