Re: Help !! Spree wont run right

Chris Robertson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi Ron:

I agree this sounds counter-intuitive, but I've run into the problem before. Last year my Jawa started acting up in this manner shortly after I had played around with the clutch (the starting clutch had gotten grease onto it, and I had to clean it out).

I presumed, since the starting clutch was working, that I had fixed the problem. When I started to experience the symptoms that Dave described I assumed it had to be something else. After about two weeks of cleaning carbs, decarbonizing the engine, checking wiring, etc. I decided to clean the drive clutch. Problem disappeared.

I don't think the clutch was slipping completely, I think it started to slip when it reached a certain load. The engine would lose power sooner when I was going up a hill, and not lose power at all when I was going down a hill --the load seemed to affect the problem.

I can not be 100% certain that the problem was the clutch, but cleaning it out did fix my problem and it's the best theory I've got.

Chris.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Help !! Spree wont run rightTopic by: Dave in Naples Dave in Naples 06/04/01 08:50AM
  Re: Help !! Spree wont run rightRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 06/04/01 11:30AM
  Re: Help !! Spree wont run rightRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 06/04/01 11:55AM
  Re: Help !! Spree wont run rightRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 06/04/01 11:58AM
  Re: Help !! Spree wont run rightRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 06/04/01 12:24PM
  Re: Help !! Spree wont run rightRe: Fred Fred 06/04/01 01:17PM
  Re: Help !! Spree wont run rightRe: Reeperette Reeperette 06/04/01 02:16PM
  Re: Help !! Spree wont run rightRe: don-ohio don-ohio 06/04/01 04:39PM
  Re: Help !! Spree wont run rightRe: Michael Michael 06/04/01 08:41PM
  Re: Help !! Spree wont run rightRe: don-ohio don-ohio 06/05/01 12:21PM
  Re: Help !! Spree wont run rightRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 06/05/01 04:00PM
  Re: Help !! Spree wont run rightRe: don-ohio don-ohio 06/05/01 04:55PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account