starting/warming up on a center stand?

I am concidering a Bi-Turbo exhaust for my tomos targa lx, i heard many good things about the pipe, but i also hear that it gets in the way of things. and a side kickstand would be better if you had a bi-turbo. So the question is, if i had a side stand, would i be able to start it, and let it idle and if i do use the choke- how would i full throttle it to release it if the wheels are still touching the ground. if i want to give it throtlle when on the side stand, would i have to sit on it and ride it to warm up the engine? Is it easy to start and warm up without a center stand?

any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

_wisky

Re: starting/warming up on a center stand?

Wayne Broderick /

I live in maine, cold even in june in the morning. I have a biturbo and a side kickstand. No trouble idling, starting or using the choke.

If I'm impatient, I have to restart the bike or choke it again.

I've never once thought "Aw, geez--This darn side mount kickstand makes it harder to start cold..."

That's a great question though-- I think a more significant loss is that the centerstand makes it easier to do repairs.

I've got a 2000 targa

Re: starting/warming up on a center stand?

Having a kickstand ont he side is like having a third wheel. You can tilt it on the front wheel & on the kickstand acting as a back wheel. The back tire should be in the air for proper warm ups If it comes down to doing that it should work.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account