Represent the Moped Army
The Moped Army is a vibrant organization of moped riders made up of branches throughout the nation. Each branch builds a thriving local moped culture within its city as well as contributing to the larger organization. They often host rallies attended by members from other branches and moped lovers of all sorts. In this way the Moped Army is not only about mopeds, but building a community of friends through mopeds.
If you have a tight-knit and well organized moped group and would like to be a part of the Moped Army then you should submit a branch application. Each year at the beginning of the fall season we look over the applications, hold a month long discussion with each group, and vote on new branches.
We have a long and drawn out application process because we try to grow smart rather than fast. Are you wondering what we’re looking for? Here are some basic guidelines:
Grow first, then apply.
- We’re looking for existing groups that want to affiliate with the Moped Army, not very young clubs who believe they’ll grow once accepted. Please have at least 5 members before applying.
- Demonstrate that your group has staying power. Are your members dedicated? Are people moving away soon?
Be organized with regular meetings, rides, and structure.
- Have a plan in place for handling membership, both new and retiring.
- Know how decisions are made — how are disputes solved?
- Do you meet regularly for rides or social activities? We find that getting together at least once a week really helps a branch stay together.
- Show us your history with photos, video, a weblog, events, etc.
Get to know existing Moped Army members.
- While it’s not an absolute must that you attend a Moped Army rally we strongly recommend it before applying to be a branch. This is for both you and us — are we a good fit together?
- If you can’t attend a rally, get to know members in other ways. Drive to a city and go on a weekly ride or email the closest branch and meet up.
- The Moped Army is all about real world community, not just a website. Show us your dedication both online and off.
If you think your group is a good candidate for branch of the Moped Army then let us know. Use the form below to describe your group, giving us as much information as possible. List each person in your group, including a link to their profile page on this website. If they don’t have a profile then have them create one and fill it out fully before applying.
The deadline for submission is the end of September. We will contact you in mid-October to get a final update on your branch information and make sure we have the complete roster. Proposed branch reviews are in the beginning of November and last for three weeks. For more information on the timing of administrative activities see the full calendar.
Feel free to email Simon with any questions you might have.
Please log in to fill out the new application form.