Forgot your password?

Moped Army

Forums / Buy + Sell

FS Derbi Sport Laguna AND RD50/Diablo

Mike V ( mikev) — Feb 09, 2012 02:05PM

1979 Derbi Sport Laguna electric start and RD50/Diablo project

I've had the Laguna posted for sale but here's a new posting since I'm throwing in the Diablo gratis. That's 3 motors, two bikes and you can swap the motors any way you like.

Laguna
Rebuilt bottom end w/metrakit crank, ported gilardoni, TM24 w/custom intake, 6 roller variator, nos starting clutch, custom expansion chamber. Has new throttle & cable, new wheel bearings, new chain, tires & tubes. Professionally cleaned and coated tank w/nos petcock. Fenders and tank painted a few months ago.

It’s an original electric start bike that comes with everything but the battery. Also includes stock parts - the complete, running, og electric start laguna/diablo motor, pipe, carb, airbox, the stock dash with speedo and non-op tach. It also comes with the stock fairing although it’s cracked in a couple places.

Starts quickly and easily. I’ve been breaking it in but haven’t opened it up completely so I’m not sure of the top speed. It’s 30+ years old and does show some wear. I’ve got too many projects so I need to let this one go. Its $2600 for pickup in southern California.

Diablo/RD50
This is a pyramid reed RD50 with a Diablo tank. Its a project but its getting harder to find RD's like this. The Akront aluminum rims polish up great and dirt bike fenders bolt right up. Its easy to make an RD fast, even with the stock motor.

Sorry, you must log in before posting to this forum.

Click here to login.